At last night’s ELA Idaho Core Workshop, Post Falls K-5 teachers were introduced to Text-Dependent Questions and Close Reading. If you couldn’t make it grab the handouts and view the resources below!
- Achieve the Core: Understanding Text Dependent Questioning
- Achieve the Core: Guide to Creating Text Dependent Questions
- Achieve the Core: Short Guide to Creating Text Dependent Questions
- Reading Specialist Beth Burke: Text Dependent Question Stem Examples by CCSS
- EngageNY: Text Based Answers Video
- Dr. Timothy Shanahan: Using Text Dependent Questioning Video
- Reading and Writing Project: Bringing Close Reading and Text Based Questions into a Read Aloud
- Examples of Text Dependent Questions K-12
- Scholastic: Close Reading Graphic Organizer
Join us for our last ELA Workshop Series session on March 20 at Seltice Elementary. We will be looking into Argumentative Writing and Constructed Responses. The Secondary session begins at 3:00pm. The Elementary session begins at 3:45pm.
Looking for more resources from the ELA Workshop Series? Check out the archived posts: ELA Workshop Series Resources.