Tired of weeding through the Internet looking for high-quality text? Try one of these nine sites next time you’re looking for Idaho Core resources.
One of the most common questions I get asked is where to look online for high-quality informational text. Here’s a few sites I find myself visiting again and again.
- The Learning Network: Teaching and Learning with The New York Times. Check out their Text-to-Text Series for engaging paired readings.
- Newsela Relevant non-fiction passages for students based on current events.
- ReadWorks.Org Over 1400 K-8 non-fiction and literary passages ranging from 710L to 1430L.
- ReadWriteThink A joint partnership between the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) and the International Reading Association (IRA).
- Edsitement Focused arts, culture, and foreign language materials provided in partnership with the National Endowment for the Humanities. Search by content subject area and grade level.
- Woderopolis Subscribe to receive a “Wonder of the Day” in your email or on your phone. Website is also searchable by topic and includes digital and traditional paired texts.
- Scope Magazine Scholastic has made all current and past issues of Scope available online. Includes lessons plans, paired texts, and resources for argumentative writing. Targeted to grades 6-8.
- Discovery Education Available to Idaho teachers, this is a database of lessons and materials. If you need help logging on, contact your building DRT.
- National Geographic Education Science and Social Science resources for K-12.
Know of another great resource? Email me at email@example.com.