Over the summer, a team of six Post Falls teachers had the opportunity to participate in a mathematics workshop in Kallispell, Montana. Marcy Cook served as the keynote speaker and shared awesome strategies for engaging students.
This morning West Ridge Elementary teachers used several of Marcy Cook’s Tile Strategies with an Engage NY mathematics lesson. Coupled together, these math strategies not only develop early numeracy skills, but prepare students for manipulating technology-enhanced questions on this spring’s S-BAC.
Interested in learning more about Marcy Cook’s tile strategies? Please contact me at email@example.com. I’m available to work with entire staffs, teams of educators, or individual teachers.
Marcy Cook’s Resources
- Early Communicating with Tiles
- Translations and Equations
- Algebraic Communicating with Tiles
- Add an Addend Tiles
- Add/Sub to a Target Tiles
- Fraction Comparison Tiles
- Fraction Tiles
- Decimal Place Value & Number Sense
- Multiplication/Division Tiles
- Place Value & Number Sense
- Multiplication Fact Tiles
- Mulit Jump Tiles
- Place Value Tiles: Whole Numbers
- Tens & Ones Place Value Tiles